This is our ‘go-to’ recipe for making any gingerbread type cookies. Great recipe that is easy to work with.
Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
125g butter (at room temperature)
1/2 C Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 C Golden Syrup
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 C Flour
1 Tbsp Ginger
1 tsp Mixed Spice
1 tsp Baking Soda
- Lightly grease two baking trays with some butter.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Stir in the four remaining dry ingredients.
- Knead on lightly floured surface.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to 4mm thick.
- Cut shapes and place on tray 3cm apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.