Cream Tart Cake
Cookie Tart Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
4 Tbsp very cold water
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
2/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
230g butter (at room temperature)
Cookie Tart Method:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a small bowl stir together the egg yolks, water and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture (until butter pieces no larger than small peas.)
- Add the egg mixture with a folk just until it comes together.
- Place dough on baking paper and roll to just under 1/4 inch thick.
- Use templates to cut 2 of the letter or number you are making. I made my Number 4 templates by enlarging a 4 as big as I could on an A4 page and printing it. We then cut the 4 out to make the template. This recipe will make plenty of dough for an A4 sized Cookie Tart Cake.
- Bake on lined tray for 12-16 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Cream Filling Ingredients:
1 C Mascarpone
1 C chilled heavy cream
1/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Cream Filling Instructions:
- Beat Mascarpone and cream with sugar until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add vanilla and beat until mixture hold a stiff peak.
- Place cream into a piping bag.
Once the cookies are cool pipe dollops of the cream beginning with the inner and outer edges of the cookie. Place the second cookie on top and repeat the process.
Add your favourite toppings and decorations; fruit, edible flowers, lollies, sprinkles, mini cookies and macarons.
Keep refrigerated and best eaten the day it’s prepared.